Our team is on a mission to follow Christ, grow in community, love others, and be the church.
Let us know if you belong on the team in one of these opportunities!
This position will provide high-level administrative support to the church office as well as the communications department. Typical responsibilities include but are not limited to, offering administrative support across the organization, welcoming guests and coordinating front-desk activities. The receptionist will also be responsible for distributing correspondence, answering phones and responding to email inquiries. To be successful in this role, the candidate should have a pleasant personality and be able to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations. Multitasking and project management skills are essential for this position.
- Provides excellent customer service to members, guests and staff.
- Maintains all corporate files.
- Responsible for answering phones, transferring calls and contacting members as needed.
- Aides with various functions pertaining to the office administration of the Church.
- Prepares correspondence and reports, with some direction, from the Church Administrator.
- May receive, resolve or refer concerns of members to the Church Administrator.
- Assists with special assignments as directed.
- Assists with website and social media content management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assists with implementing and maintaining Church management software, including the calendar and membership database.
- Prepares weekly Church bulletins, brochures and inserts as needed.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND LEADERSHIP
- High school diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred.
- At least two (3) years of senior level administrative assistant experience.
- Good knowledge of general office practices and business English.
- Ability to deal effectively with the public.
- Ability to type at a minimum of 50 wpm.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Strong oral and writing skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suites & Adobe Suites.
- Possess solid time-management skills and organizational abilities.
- Able to communicate and establish effective working relationships with many different people.
- Be a “team player” who knows how to accomplish numerous tasks in a professional and timely manner.
- Uses independent judgment in completing activities and operates under general supervision.
- Competence in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
- 3 years of relevant experience.