Our team is on a mission to follow Christ, grow in community, love others, and be the church.
Let us know if you belong on the team in one of these opportunities!
To apply, email your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.
OFFICE ASSISTANT JOB DESCRIPTION
New Life Church in Decatur is looking for a sharp, enthusiastic individual who has a desire to manage the day-to-day administrative aspects of the church office. The successful applicant will have a positive attitude, a desire to work as efficiently as possible, and exceptional people-facing communication skills. This job may include some occasional weekend work. We’re looking for someone who can operate effectively with little or no supervision and who can manage multiple tasks at once without becoming overwhelmed. The ideal candidate will also serve as a church ambassador, along with the rest of our team, ensuring that all stakeholders have an outstanding experience when engaging with New Life and our programs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform clerical duties, including drafting memos, taking meeting minutes and sharing with the team, and organizing and maintaining files.
- Provide administrative support to managerial staff.
- Answer general phone inquiries and direct calls and provide basic church information.
- Plan and implement church events to include ministry meetings, breakfasts, or luncheons.
- Handle confidential information with integrity.
- Notify staff and members of member hospitalizations and deaths. Assist families with securing the sanctuary for funeral arrangements, when necessary.
- Prepare, proof and print any items needed for funerals, weddings, and special church events.
- Monitor the info email and respond appropriately in a professional manner.
- Maintain and update the church’s monthly calendar.
- Assist with printing materials for the different ministries, when needed.
- Maintain office efficiency by overseeing and implementing office procedures and standard of excellence and professionalism.
- Assist with recruiting and maintaining volunteer pool for administrative office and special projects.
- Provide channel for communicating information to church members on an as-needed basis utilizing Constant Contact online software.
- Maintain church database, upload new members’ information into Automated Church System (ACS), and update membership changes, including births, baptisms, and deaths.
- Schedule use of facilities by different ministries utilizing ACS.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, secretarial science, or a related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- 3- 5 years of supervisory experience in administrative work in a church and/or not-for-profit environment.
- A committed Christian and a regular participant in the life of a local church.
- Can conceptualize his/her administrative work as ministry and verbalize the function of the job as ministry.
- Is responsible for fostering effective communication within the church organization.
- The ability to manage a consensus decision?making process.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and some experience with Adobe InDesign.
- Professional and positive attitude, attention to detail and a team player.
- Timely, consistent attendance and flexibility to work early mornings, evenings or weekends - with notice.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
To apply, email your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LOGISTICS/MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Logistics/Maintenance Technician
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Reports To: Logistics Manager
The Logistics/Maintenance Technician is responsible for making the facilities of New Life Church and Community Center a safe, clean, welcoming, and professional environment. This is accomplished by ensuring that the buildings and grounds are clean and in orderly condition and works to set up/break down rooms for Church activities and facility rentals. The position will be also responsible for performing preventative maintenance (light) as needed in a timely and efficient manner. High attention to detail and services mentality is key to this role as it is a huge part of creating a welcoming and authentic environment for all guests.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience in hospitality: church, hotel, hospital or similar operation preferred; not required
- Working knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical, structural, and general carpentry preferred; not required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform furniture set-ups/breakdown for campus activities
- Monitor the Church grounds daily to ensure they are clear of trash and debris.
- Perform general routine cleaning and maintenance that includes but not limited to sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, vacuuming and emptying trash.
- Maintains professional attire, image and demeanor always.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to include days, evenings, weekends & holidays.
- May perform other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team in a demanding environment with a high level of attention to detail.
- Exceptional degree of integrity, compliance, safety and self-awareness.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
- Able to safely operate hand and power tools
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.