Our team is on a mission to follow Christ, grow in community, love others, and be the church.
Let us know if you belong on the team in one of these opportunities!
To apply, email your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.
RECEPTIONIST JOB DESCRIPTION
New Life Church in Decatur is looking for a sharp, enthusiastic, pleasant individual who has a desire to oversee the front office. The successful applicant will have a positive attitude, a desire to work as efficiently as possible, and exceptional people-facing communication skills. This job may include some occasional weekend work. We’re looking for someone who can pleasantly interact with people on a daily basis without becoming agitated. The ideal candidate will also serve as a church ambassador, along with the rest of our team, ensuring that all stakeholders have an outstanding experience when engaging with New Life and our programs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform clerical duties, taking memos, taking meeting minutes and sharing with the team, maintaining files, and organizing documents.
- Prepare certificates for all church programs (baptism, baby dedications, new members, etc.).
- Maintain the church mailing lists and e-mail lists and keep them current.
- Answer, screen and forward all incoming calls
- Warmly welcome and assist visitors, guests and people-in-need who enter the office
- Sign for/accept deliveries and notify recipients of shipments.
- Review/respond/redirect church voice mail
- Order, organize and maintain church-wide staff administrative supplies
- Assist with printing weekly bulletin and other ministry material as needed.
- Properly maintain copiers: reviewing service agreements to ensure that preventative maintenance is conducted as prescribed. `
- Provide administrative support to staff
- Quickly evaluating how best to respond to and/or serve our guests, then following through in a professional and Christ-like manner, enlisting the help of other staff, when necessary.
- Provide up-to-date general information pertaining to our ministries, services, membership, ceremonies, special events and other church programs.
- Associate’s degree in business, secretarial science or a related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- 3- 5 years of experience as a receptionist in a Church and/or not-for-profit environment.
- A committed Christian and a regular participant in the life of a local Church.
- A genuinely warm, caring and patient attitude.
- A very good listener and communicator.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to comfortably multi-task
- Experience and comfort with use of telephone and computer systems and software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Timely and consistent attendance, and availability in the evenings and some Saturdays for committee and church meetings.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.