Our team is on a mission to follow Christ, grow in community, love others, and be the church.
Let us know if you belong on the team in one of these opportunities!
The Logistics/Maintenance Technician is responsible for making the facilities of New Life Church and Community Center a safe, clean, welcoming, and professional environment. This is accomplished by ensuring that the buildings and grounds are clean and in orderly condition and works to set up/break down rooms for Church activities and facility rentals. The position will be also responsible for performing preventative maintenance (light) as needed in a timely and efficient manner. High attention to detail and services mentality is key to this role as it is a huge part of creating a welcoming and authentic environment for all guests.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience in hospitality: church, hotel, hospital or similar operation preferred; not required
- Working knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical, structural, and general carpentry preferred; not required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform furniture set-ups/breakdown for campus activities
- Monitor the Church grounds daily to ensure they are clear of trash and debris.
- Perform general routine cleaning and maintenance that includes but not limited to sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, vacuuming and emptying trash.
- Maintains professional attire, image and demeanor always.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- May perform other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team in a demanding environment with a high level of attention to detail.
- Exceptional degree of integrity, compliance, safety and self-awareness.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
- Able to safely operate hand and power tools
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com.
This position will provide high-level administrative support to the church office as well as the media & communications department. The receptionist performs secretarial, operational and clerical duties for the overall management of the church. Receptionist duties include offering administrative support across the organization, welcoming guests and greeting people who visit the campus. The receptionist will coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls. To be successful as a Receptionist, you should have a pleasant personality, as this is also a customer service role. You should be able to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations. Multitasking and project management skills are essential for this position.
- Provide Customer Service excellence to members and staff
- Maintain all corporate files.
- Aide with various functions pertaining to the office administration of the church.
- Prepare correspondence and reports, with some direction, for Church Administrator.
- May receive and screen office visitors and telephone calls for the church office.
- May receive, resolve or refer complaints of church members to the Church Administrator.
- Maintain the Church Administrations Project Timeline.
- Assist with special assignments as directed.
- Assist with maintaining websites and social media
- Assist with video editing
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintain the church calendar and add events as needed
- Prepare weekly church bulletin and all inserts that are needed
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND LEADERSHIP
- High school diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred
- At least two (2) years of senior level administrative assistant experience
- Good knowledge of general office practice and business English
- Ability to deal effectively with the public
- Ability to type minimum 50 wpm
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Strong oral and writing skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suites & Adobe Suites
- Proficient with social media management
- Possess solid time-management skills and organizational abilities
- Able to communicate and establish effective working relationships with many different people
- Be a “team player” who knows how to accomplish numerous tasks in a professional and timely manner
- Uses independent judgment in completing activities and operates under general supervision
- Competence in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships
- 3 years of relevant experience
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.